Strata Educational Seminar - STRATA CORPORATION ADMINISTRATORS: An Explanation
BFL Canada Insurance Ltd. and Paige Condominium Management Ltd. invite you to an educational seminar on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 on the topic of Administrators in strata corporations. Topics include:
- How is an administrator appointed?
- What “tests” are used by the court in deciding?
- Who pays for the cost?
- Who pays for the legal fees?
- Are the appointments successful or a waste of time and money?
- What conflicts arise between administrators and owners and “the lawyers”?
- What are the statutory limitations on the powers of the administrator?
- How is the strata corporation’s insurance affected?
The seminar will be presented by Gerry Fanaken who has considerable experience as a court-appointed administrator. Geoffrey Dabbs of Gehlen Dabbs and Jamie Bleay of The Access Law Group will join Mr. Fanaken to add important commentary from the legal perspective. Both Mr. Bleay and Mr. Dabbs also have extensive experience in representing administrators as their legal counsels.
The seminar, sponsored by BFL Canada, will be held on Tuesday, September 24th starting at 8:00 a.m. (yes, a.m. not p.m.) and will last about two hours. Coffee and pastries will be available.
Location: The Boardroom at BFL Canada
200 – 1177 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
Cost: $75 per person plus GST ($80.25 total)
Registration: Due to limited seating capacity, if you are interested in attending, please register as soon as possible. To register, send an email to Gerry Fanaken at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Feel free to ask.